System Engineer | IoT Developer
As a System Engineer / IoT Developer, you’ll be involved in the full life cycle of development of our IoT firmware as well as our hardware platforms. We have a small and agile development team where each member is able and required to shape the product in their own unique way.
Your responsibilities include all the duties expected of an efficient and effective System Engineer:
- Designing, developing and maintaining the firmware and related tools for our IoT devices
- Participating in requirement reviews, code reviews and unit testing
- Taking full responsibility for your own work
- Continuous improvement and the willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Commitment to bringing your best self to work every day
- Eagerness to leave code in a better shape as you found it
First and foremost, we are looking for passionate developers: people who love writing great code and have the drive to become better and better over time. We need people who are self-starters and have a drive to meaningfully impact our continually improving product suite.
Things happen fast in a start-up, and we value experience over formal qualifications. However, our ideal candidate possesses experience in the following areas:
- Developing with C/C++, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Experience with Linux Kernel, boot loaders, real time operating system, multi-threaded programming, socket programming, IPC mechanism
- Good understanding of microprocessor architecture and working experience on RaspberryPi or Arduino would be a plus
- Ability to run hardware diagnostics, performance profiling and benchmarking of the applications running on the hardware
- Good knowledge on security technologies like TPM, TLS
- Good to have knowledge of field protocols – Modbus, OPCUA and network protocols as MQTT, Ethernet/IP
Our vision is the Internet of Everything. Our technology enables factories and other industrial sites to finally take the first step in the direction of the Internet of Things and move away from fancy PowerPoint slides to real world use-cases.
We want to put a CloudRail device in every single factory in the world!
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping a new and exciting product
- Freedom to choose your own approach: we hate micromanagement and let you find your own solutions
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and a lot of fun to have around
- Work with new technologies and structure your day as you see fit
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Email us at email@example.com or call +49 621 48345965.
Apply for a Job
Want to be part of the CloudRail team?
Tell us a little more about you in German or English.