Quality Assurance Engineer (Software)
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at CloudRail, you’ll be part of a small and agile development team where each member is able and required to shape the product in their own unique way. Our vision is to empower manufacturers to unlock the full potential of their factories, no matter where they are in the world. By leveraging our advanced technology and our commitment to innovation, we will revolutionize the way factories operate and contribute to a more connected, efficient, and sustainable future for all.
Your responsibilities include all the duties expected of an efficient and effective QA Engineer:
- Understanding project business, functionalities, and technology stack.
- Creating and executing test plans, strategies, and cases.
- Conducting and reporting on various testing activities, including functional, GUI, performance, and regression testing.
- Automating repeatable test cases using Selenium WebDriver (Java), and maintaining automation scripts.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure defect resolutions and participate in project planning and design reviews.
- Using test management and Agile team management tools (like JIRA/Confluence) to report progress and manage issues.
- Ensuring timely delivery of testing and maintaining strict confidentiality of company data.
First and foremost, we are looking for passionate testers: people who take pride in ensuring software quality and have the drive to become better and better over time. We need people who are self-starters and have a drive to meaningfully impact our continually improving product suite. There’s no room for politics in a start-up, we openly disagree and challenge each other’s ideas, but once a decision is made, we’re fully committed to the outcome even if we have a different opinion. Every member of the team is required to take responsibility and ownership for the success of the company, not just their own work. In return, everyone’s granted the autonomy to achieve their goals the way they see fit. We encourage everyone to take calculated risks as most decisions are reversible. Speed is crucial to achieving our goals; thus, we rapidly build new prototypes or try out new techniques to figure out what sticks while continuously improving our operational processes.
Things happen fast in a start-up, and we value experience over formal qualifications. However, our ideal candidate possesses experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with software testing life cycle (STLC) and strong knowledge of QA procedures, principles, and tools.
- Experience with testing web applications across multiple browsers and OS, writing and executing functional test scripts.
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver for developing automation test scripts.
- Experience in conducting unit, system, integration, and UAT testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes, and communicate effectively with team members.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in writing clear documentation and test reports.
We currently have 12 employees, 8 in India and 4 in Germany, and we’re planning to scale the team by 50% until the end of the year. Our team is sociable, diverse, and a lot of fun to have around. We’re not simply developing technology; we want to build products that delight customers around the world. For that purpose, we work diligently to earn and keep customer trust while continuing to improve our product based on customer feedback.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping a new and exciting product
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, including regular performance reviews and training programs
- A flexible work schedule, including the ability to work remotely or from home when needed
- Freedom to choose your own approach: We hate micromanagement and let you find your own solutions
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment, with opportunities to work with a talented and diverse team of professionals from around the world
- Access to cutting-edge technology and tools, including the latest hardware and software platforms and development tools.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Email us at email@example.com or call +49 621 48345965.
Apply for a Job
Want to be part of the CloudRail team?
Tell us a little more about you in German or English.