We are seeking an enthusiastic advocate to join the CloudRail team. We need a passionate individual who will ‘spread the word’ about the innovative technology solutions created at CloudRail, and also listen to the community, our clients, end users, and partners.
As a developer evangelist for CloudRail you will lead and participate with the developer community through events, startup weekends, meetups, user groups, and Hackathons. This is a highly technical role with the mission of engaging and inspiring a broad community of developers and fostering adoption of CloudRail’s solutions for the Internet of tomorrow.
This position will be based out of Mannheim, Germany or the San Francisco Bay Area. It is critical the individual in this position have access to and work with peers and other members of the start up community.
• Evangelize our products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials, and other similar activities
• Partner with company leaders and engineers to gain a deep understanding of our technology, mission, vision, and strategy to take with you on your endeavors.
• Keep your finger on the pulse of what is current in development technologies
• Report back to the team the information you are learning from the community
• Create and improve existing resources for developers to use when deploying CloudRail’s products, documentation, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers, community leaders, and influencers
• Engaging the student, startup and professional developer communities in person and online
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience as a software developer, including using and integrating with APIs
• Must be familiar with Java, Ruby, and object oriented development and web technologies
• Fluent with HTTP and REST services design / best practices and knowledge of script languages
• Active GitHub profile and other community activities
• Passion for technology and software development
• Desire to educate and mentor
• Exposure to SaaS, IaaS, PaaS concepts and current Cloud technologies.
• Personable, outgoing and community-oriented – enjoy interacting with others (especially geeks!) in professional and social settings.
• Excellent communicator – written and spoken. Comfortable speaking one-on-one and in front of large groups.
• Entrepreneurial spirit. You want to work at a startup and do what is best for CloudRail and the developer community
CloudRail is headquartered in Mannheim, famous for its world-shaking inventions, creative citizens and outstanding infrastructure. Our office is located in the MAFINEX-Technologiezentrum, a technology centre that offers optimal opportunities for technologically oriented start-ups and young, innovative companies throughout their first years in business.
We offer a vibrant and fun work atmosphere where we focus on solving big problems everyday. We share a common goal: to create the best experience for our community around the world. At CloudRail we tackle solutions head-on, together.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 621 48345965.
Apply for a Job
Want to be part of the CloudRail team?
Tell us a little more about you in German or English.